How to Send Mass Emails: Everything You Need To Know
In any marketing strategy it is essential to know the best ways to send mass emails. Although there are different tools to do it, today we will tell you how you can do it in the traditional way and in the recommended way.
We will talk about the objective of these emails, the channels through which you can send them and the platforms that you can consider to do so. Are you ready? Let us begin!
What Are Mass Emails And What Is Their Objective?
Businesses use mass mailing to send advertisements and promotional material to a large number of people at once. This can be a cost-effective way to reach potential customers and generate new leads, so if this is the case for you, keep reading.
The objective of mass mailing is to reach a large number of people with a message or offer and can be done through email and other online platforms.
When done correctly, mass mailings can be an effective way to reach a large number of people.
Channels Most Used To Send Mass Emails
There are many ways to send mass emails. One of the most common is email, but there are also newer methods like text messages.
Email is the most common, fastest, cheapest and easiest method to use, however, it also has disadvantages, for example, the capacity and deliverability of these messages.
On the other hand, there are also text messages, which are another increasingly popular method because it is easy to use. Like emails, this one also has a limit related to the number of characters to send, so consider this option to send short but efficient messages.
How To Send Mass Emails From Gmail
Gmail makes it easy to send mass emails directly from your inbox. With a few clicks you can add hundreds of recipients to your mailing list.
Here’s how to send a mass email with Gmail:
- Start a new email by clicking the “Compose” button.
- In the “To” field, enter the email addresses of all recipients you want to include in the shipment. You can also add recipients by clicking the “Add” button and selecting them from your contact list.
- Enter the subject and message in the corresponding fields.
- When you’re ready to send, click the “Send” button.
How To Send Mass Emails From Outlook
If you just need to send a quick message to a large group of people you can use the built-in mailing list feature, which is very easy to set up and use.
If you need more control over your mass mailings, or if you want to add customization or other advanced features, you can use Outlook’s rules system to create a personalized email solution. This approach requires a little more work up front, but it gives you a lot more flexibility in handling your emails.
- Start by creating a new message in Outlook. To do this, click the “New” button (it looks like a piece of paper with a pencil on it) in the upper left corner of the screen.
- In the “To” field, enter the email addresses of everyone you want to receive your mass mailing. If you want to include multiple recipients, be sure to separate each address with a semicolon (;).
- Compose your message. Enter the subject in the “Subject” field, then type your message in the large text box that appears.
- When you’re done composing your message, click the “Send” button (it looks like an envelope) in the top right corner of the screen.
Disadvantages Of Sending Mass Emails By Mail Platforms Such As Gmail And Outlook
Sending mass emails through email platforms like Gmail and Outlook have some downsides. Some of the reasons why you should not consider them are:
- These are not designed for mass mailing and, therefore, can be unreliable for the recipient by marking your email as spam and preventing them from seeing your message.
- If your email list is large, it may exceed the limit imposed by these platforms, which can lead to your account being suspended or even closed. For example, Gmail has a limit of 500 emails per day. Consider this number according to your database if you want to send a mass email.
- These platforms don’t offer the same level of deliverability as dedicated email marketing services, which means your messages may not reach the inboxes of all your subscribers.
Tools You Can Use To Send Mass Emails
If you are a business or company that uses mass mailing as part of your strategies, you must have the right tools for an efficient and effective way for your campaigns to be successful.
Here is a list of some of the most popular tools or programs for mass mailing:
Bulk Email Sender
It is a tool or service that allows companies to send a large number of emails at the same time. This can be very useful for companies that need to send a large amount of information or updates to their customers.
Mailing List Management Software
This type of software helps companies manage mailing lists. It can help them keep track of who’s on their list and what kind of information they need to send to each person, as well as track bounced emails and unsubscribe requests.
Autoresponders can be used to automatically send responses to customers or prospects who have sent emails, they are very useful when you have downloadables and want to send automatic responses.
Email Marketing Software
This tool allows you to create and manage email campaigns. There are different ones, from the basic ones to the most robust ones that will allow you to track your campaigns, make the necessary changes, measure, automate, build mail flows and more.
Advantages Of Automation In A Mass Mailing Campaign
Businesses of all sizes can benefit from email marketing campaign automation. By doing so, you can keep your customers and prospects up to date on an ongoing basis, without having to manually send each individual email.
Automation also allows companies to save time and resources, with these tools you can also personalize messages to target specific audiences which makes them more effective overall.
List Of Best Marketing Platforms To Send Mass Emails
Taking into account that email marketing platforms can offer you better results, we have listed some alternative tools that you can use to grow your results, fortunately with so many platforms it can be difficult to know which one is right for your business.
MailChimp is one of the most popular email marketing platforms out there, and for good reason. It’s easy to use, has a ton of features, and is backed by a great company with a good reputation. However, given the features it has, it can be a bit expensive for small and medium businesses. You can consider some cheaper alternatives that are not reputable instead.
Constant Contact is another popular email marketing platform that offers many features and is very easy to use. It has features that will allow you to launch campaigns, monitor them, build websites and online stores, among other services. This is a parallel option to MailChimp with a slightly lower price.
AWeber is another great option for small businesses as it is cost-effective and basic. It has all the features you need to get started with email marketing and is very easy to use. In addition, it integrates with many other online services, which makes it even more powerful.
This tool is focused on email marketing, which is why it is perfect as an accessible option and with all the features you need to send mass emails, maintain communication with your database, create lists of prospects, clients, associates, and more.
VerticalResponse is another of the best email marketing platforms as it offers multiple features, such as A/B testing, autoresponders, email scheduling, campaign tracking, among others. It is an excellent option for small businesses and other small entities as it has key free features.